After you submit your application, you will get an invitation to a Convo with Collab Session. During Convo with Collab, you have the opportunity to meet with OUAB members to expand on the ideas in your application. The conversation revolves around your event vision and other ideas you have for it.
After Convo with Collab, your application gets sent to the relevant committees to create event proposals for the next semester's event slate. Programming committees include Concerts, Lectures, Comedy, Special Events, Spirit & Traditions, and Visual & Fine Arts.
You will be notified if your application gets to the voting stage, where the directors decide which proposals are going to be events for the following semester. No matter the decision, you will be informed of the status of your application by the Director of Collaborations. If your event is not chosen for the next semester's event slate, your application stays in the system for consideration for an additional three more semesters.
- Submit your application by the priority deadline: September 10th, 2023 11:59pm - AU 2023
- Within a week of the priority deadline, invitations for Convo with Collab are sent out.
- Your organization attends Conversation with Collab. This is mandatory for consideration.
- Mid-semester your organization will be notified if your application is a committe writes a proposal for your collab app
- After a proposal is written, you will be notified whether your application moves into the voting stage. This is where directors vote through which proposals are going to be events for the following semester.
- Toward the end of the semester, you will receive an update from the Director of Collaborations regarding whether your application is being considered on the event slate for the folliwing semester.
Note: If your event is not chosen for the next semester slate, your application stays in the system for three more semesters for consideration.
- If the application is selected for the next semester, the Director of Collaborations will reach out to set up a meeting to discuss the next steps.
- In the initial meeting between your organization and OUAB, a collaboration agreement is drafted. This is where respective expectations are shared and discussed.
- Over the course of the semester, meetings will be set up between your organization and OUAB to fianlize event details. This includes anything from discussing vendors, marketing, or volunteer logistics.
- Event Day!
- A follow-up meeting will be set up after the event day for your organization to share about their experience during the collaboration process.