Registering for Online-Ticketing
1. Go to go.osu.edu/OUABTickets
2. Click "Register" in the upper right hand of the screen and select “Students, Faculty, and Staff” from the drop down;
3. Log in with the same OSU username and password as Canvas and BuckeyeMail;
4. Fill out your address information and phone number to complete your account. (Don't be fooled by the billing information header - OUAB events are still free and always will be);
5. Click “Ticket Office Home” in the upper left-hand corner to get to the home page and view upcoming events;
6. Select “Get Tickets” under any available events
7. Select ticket quantity and delivery method;
8. A confirmation email will be sent to your OSU email;
9. Show the ticket on your phone or printed out to attend OUAB events.
Section I: Columbus Campus Students (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional)
Students will be required to present a current scannable student BuckID in order to obtain entrance or tickets to all Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB) events. All fees for the current quarter must have been paid for the BuckID to scan as valid. Any student presenting an invalid BuckID will be unable to attend the event.
Student Buck-ID's are required for entrance to all OUAB events with the exception of outdoor, non-enclosed events. OUAB reserves the right to issue tickets for any event they deem appropriate, and ticketing will be subject to the following guidelines:
- Announcements about ticketing distribution times and information for each OUAB event will be made as soon as possible but generally no later than three to four weeks prior to the event date.
- All ticketing announcements will be made via the OUAB website (www.ouab.osu.edu) and all tickets, unless otherwise specified, will be available to claim at go.osu.edu/OUABTickets.
- Students may claim one (1) ticket for every one (1) Buck-ID unless otherwise specified.
- If the event requires a ticket, a BuckID MUST still be produced and checked/scanned at the door. If a student does not present their Buck-ID, they will not be allowed entrance into the event. Students are advised to replace or fix their BuckID if there is a chance it may not scan properly.
- For ticketed events, a standby line procedure will be implemented if all tickets have been distributed. Standby does not guarantee students a seat at the event. Students in the standby line will be seated first come-first served shortly before the start of the event.
- Students that do not have a ticket but have a BuckID will be sent to the standby line.
- If a substantial number of tickets remain prior to an event, students will be able to claim an additional ticket with via go.osu.edu/OUABTickets. If a non-OSU student uses the extra ticket, an OSU student with a current, scannable BuckID must accompany that person in order to enter the event.
- Students who wish to bring their spouse or partner, and who can prove their marriage or partnership with a dependent ID or that spouse/partner's BuckID and marriage certificate or Ohio State affidavit prior to the event, will be able to pick up two (2) tickets.
- Due to redemption rates, OUAB’s practice is typically to release more tickets than the number of available seats in the event venue. As a result, students are not guaranteed a seat at the event. All events are general admission, and students are admitted on a first come first served basis.
- To honor requests by the artists and to avoid disruptions to the show, OUAB reserves the right to deny access to the event after the show has begun.
Section II: General Public On-Sale Ticketing
In order to make competitive offers for artists, speakers, and events to appear at OSU, it is often necessary for OUAB to set aside a certain number of seats for the general public (generally no more than 10% of total venue seating capacity). When this occurs, tickets may be obtained in the following manner:
- General public tickets will be put on sale between four (4) and two (2) weeks prior to the event date at the Ohio Union Information Desk.
- When general public tickets are released at the same time as student tickets (four weeks out), only a certain amount will be made available to the general public within the first two weeks (generally no more than 10% of total venue seating capacity). After two weeks have passed, if a substantial number of tickets remain (more than 45% two weeks, more than 25% one week, or more than 5% two days) prior to an event, additional tickets may be released to the general public.
- When general public tickets are released two week after student tickets, students are encouraged to claim their ticket during the first two weeks tickets are available. After the general public on-sale begins, the remaining tickets may also be available for purchase by the general public.
Section III: Charity Event Ticketing
When OUAB promotes or plans an event in which proceeds are going to a charitable organization, tickets will be obtained in the following manner:
- If the event requires a paid ticket, students will be able to purchase two (2) tickets for every 1 Buck-ID.
- If a non-OSU student uses the second ticket, a Columbus campus OSU student with a current, scannable BuckID must accompany that person in order to enter the event.
- If students are required to perform community service in exchange for the ticket, one (1) ticket per student will be provided upon successful completion of the service project.
- In the event that the general public are also offered the opportunity to purchase tickets, tickets will be obtained in accordance with the section II, General Public On-Sale Ticketing.
- In accordance with sections IV and V, non-Columbus campus OSU students as well as faculty and staff will be eligible to purchase two (2) tickets if there are a substantial number of tickets remaining (more than 45% two weeks, more than 25% one week, or more than 5% two days) prior to an event.
Section IV: Faculty and Staff
- If a substantial number of tickets remain (more than 45% two weeks, more than 25% one week, or more than 5% two days) prior to an event, faculty and staff will be able to claim two tickets at go.osu.edu/OUABTickets.
- If a non-OSU faculty or staff member uses the second ticket, an OSU faculty or staff member with a current, scannable BuckID must accompany that person in order to enter the event.
- In accordance with Internal Revenue Service tax laws, faculty and staff are responsible for all potential taxes owed due to utilizing an OUAB ticket.
- All staff and faculty must present a current OSU ID to be admitted into an event, ticketed or non-ticketed.
Section V: Non-Columbus Campus OSU Students
- If a substantial number of tickets remain (more than 45% two weeks, more than 25% one week, or more than 5% two days) prior to an event, non-Columbus campus OSU students will be able to claim two tickets at go.osu.edu/OUABTickets.
- If a non-OSU student uses the second ticket, a non-Columbus campus OSU student with a current, scannable BuckID must accompany that person in order to enter the event.
Section VI: Non-ticketed Events
- If an OUAB event does not require a ticket, OSU students must present a current scannable BuckID in order to obtain entrance to the event.
- If a non-OSU student accompanies an OSU student, the OSU student must present a current, scannable BuckID in order to enter the event.
- OSU faculty and staff are welcome at all non-ticketed events as seating is available.
- Non-Columbus campus OSU students are welcome at all non-ticketed events as seating is available.
- General public are welcome at all non-ticketed events as seating is available.
- Determinations on available seating will be made immediately prior to the start of the event.
Section VII: Other Conditions and Disclaimers
- OUAB reserves the right to make changes to any of the above policies at any time.
- The OUAB website at https://ouab.osu.edu will be the final authority for all ticketing announcements, policies, and event details.
- All tickets, unless otherwise specified, will be able at go.osu.edu/OUABTickets.
- OUAB tickets are NOT for resale. Any student found to have resold an OUAB ticket will be subject to sanctions according to the Ohio State University Student Code of Conduct.
- For some events, a "voucher" redeemable for a "ticket" will be given to students. Students will then be able to pick up their "ticket" on the day of the event, immediately prior to entering the event. In these instances, the word "voucher" will be substituted for "ticket" above.
- For BuckID related concerns or questions, please visit the BuckID website at http://buckid.osu.edu/.
- For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please email the contact listed on the specific event page. Requests should be made at least one week prior to the event. For general accommodation questions, please contact the Office for Disability Services at http://ods.osu.edu/ or 292-3307.