Collaborate with Us!
OUAB plans events.
Really cool events.
Hundreds of events.
For thousands of people.
All for free.
And we would like to plan an event with you.
Over the past few years, we've planned some awesome collaborative events including (but not limited to):
- Taking Charge with Terry Crews - HeForShe
- OUABreaking the Ice with Adam Rippon - Multicultural Center
- An Evening with Brittany Snow - BodySense
- Pentatonix Live in Concert - A Capella Alliance & The Ohio State of Mind
- In The Country We Love: A Conversation with Diane Guerrero - Alpha Psi Lambda
- Getting Real with Kevin Breel - NAMI
- An Evening with Alfred Enoch - RHAC
- The Best of Second City - 8th Floor Improv
Interested in collaborating?
Applications to collaborate with OUAB for Spring 2020 open on Monday, September 2, 2019.
All applications will be due on Friday, September 27, 2019.
Throughout the month of September, we'll be hosting Collaborative Events Information Session to give organizations and departments a chance to learn more about the collaborations process and solicit feedback on ideas or their applciation. Information sessions will take place the following dates and times:
- Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 5 PM - RPAC Meeting Room 1
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM - SAC Room in the Ohio Union
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 5 PM - Curl Market Viewpoint South
How to Apply
The Collaborative Events application is composed of nine sections of essential event details necessary for OUAB event planning and programming. Please review section details below to assist in completing the application.
- Information Questions: This section provides us with your organizational information including organization leaders, previous events you have hosted, and social media accounts.
- Brief Description: Think of this as the elevator pitch for the event. Provide us with the heart of what your organization is hoping to accomplish day of event.
- Event Funding: If the organization has already secured additional funding for the event (departmental, organizational, CSA allocation), please be sure to include this information in the application. Please note that OUAB is unable to execute events that have a sole purpose of serving as a fundraiser. If you are a student organization strictly seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting CSA Programming Funds.
- Impact of Program: What are the things you want students to leave the event thinking about, talking about, or inspired to do?
- Audience: Who is your target audience for the event and how many people would you estimate to attend the event?
- Timing: Does this event coincide with a heritage/awareness/history month, national holiday, etc?
- Responsibility: Please provide us with a tentative plan for division of duties between your organization and OUAB for both planning and day of event tasks.
- Research: Why does your organization believe that this is event will benefit Ohio State students. What supplemental research have you found that supports this belief? If a similar event has occured on another campus, please provide details on the program include layout, event schedule, and any challenges that arose due to the event.
- Additional Information: Please provide any additional information your organization believes is relevant to the event and the decision making process.
If you are a student organization strictly seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting CSA Programming Funds through the Ohio Union.