Collaborate with Us!
OUAB plans events.
Really cool events.
Hundreds of events.
For thousands of people.
All for free.
And we would like to plan an event with you.
Over the past few years, we've planned some awesome collaborative events including (but not limited to):
- Now They See Us with Dr. Yusef Salaam and Raymond Santana - African American Heritage Festival
- OUABreaking the Ice with Adam Rippon - Multicultural Center
- An Evening with Brittany Snow - BodySense
- Pentatonix Live in Concert - A Capella Alliance & The Ohio State of Mind
- In The Country We Love: A Conversation with Diane Guerrero - Alpha Psi Lambda
- Getting Real with Kevin Breel - NAMI
- An Evening with Alfred Enoch - RHAC
- The Best of Second City - 8th Floor Improv
Interested in collaborating?
Applications to collaborate with OUAB for Fall 2021 will open Monday, January 25th and close on Friday, February 26th.
Please click here for an overview on the collab app. To schedule an information session or for any additional questions about the collaboration process, please email Brayden Dewitt at email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Collaborative Events application is composed of nine sections of essential event details necessary for OUAB event planning and programming. Please review section details below to assist in completing the application.
- Information Questions: This section provides us with your organizational information including organization leaders, previous events you have hosted, and social media accounts.
- Brief Description: Think of this as the elevator pitch for the event. Provide us with the heart of what your organization is hoping to accomplish day of event.
- Event Funding: If the organization has already secured additional funding for the event (departmental, organizational, CSA allocation), please be sure to include this information in the application. Please note that OUAB is unable to execute events that have a sole purpose of serving as a fundraiser. If you are a student organization strictly seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting CSA Programming Funds.
- Impact of Program: What are the things you want students to leave the event thinking about, talking about, or inspired to do?
- Audience: Who is your target audience for the event and how many people would you estimate to attend the event?
- Timing: Does this event coincide with a heritage/awareness/history month, national holiday, etc?
- Responsibility: Please provide us with a tentative plan for division of duties between your organization and OUAB for both planning and day of event tasks.
- Research: Why does your organization believe that this is event will benefit Ohio State students. What supplemental research have you found that supports this belief? If a similar event has occured on another campus, please provide details on the program include layout, event schedule, and any challenges that arose due to the event.
- Additional Information: Please provide any additional information your organization believes is relevant to the event and the decision making process.
Collaborative Events Guidelines & Procedues
A collaboration with OUAB can include the following:
- Brainstorming with the OUAB Collaborative Events Committee for event ideas including:
- Marketing strategies for the event including event release date, social media posts/graphics, etc.
- Potential moderators for the event.
- Additional opportunities for students to engage with the event.
- Volunteer contributions from OUAB and the collaborator for day-of-event.
- Marketing contributions from OUAB and the collaborator.
OUAB can provide:
- Research for an event, booking talent(s), reviewing and signing contracts, venue booking, day-of event operations and execution.
- Volunteers for the day of event.
- An OUAB promotional/marketing table at the event.
- Advertising for events through OUAB's social networks, flyers, website, live announcements, digital signage, and other OUAB marketing efforts.
A good collaborative event proposal has very little planning already done because OUAB would like to be involved in the process from the very beginning. Therefore, OUAB will rarely approve any of the following types of events/programs:
- Those which only request funding
- Those which only request marketing resources/assistance
- Any event which has already been planned (Ex.: time, date, bookings already completed)
- Events which do not have a viable programming aspect
- Philanthropy or fundraising events
- Galas or award ceremonies
OUAB will consider requests for collaborative events from all interested active student organizations, hall councils, or University departments. Events must meet the following guidelines and procedures to be considered for collaboration:
- The event must be open and advertised to the entire OSU student body
- Attendance and ticketing policies must comply with the OUAB Ticketing & Event Policy
- OUAB and collaborating organizations/councils/departments must approve all details of the event
- Meeting time must be set up between both organizations in order to discuss responsibilities and expectations.
- Final financial commitments must be confirmed by week 9 of the term prior to the event or OUAB reserves the right to void all collaboration.
- Collaborating organizations do not have to be able to support the event financially. A group’s ability to offer financial resources does not enhance their application.
- If talent is attached to the event, backups must be provided as talent availability and interest can change. Possible event dates are based on available resources and proposed talent schedules.
- Final event arrangements must be made at least two weeks prior to the date the event is scheduled to occur or OUAB reserves the right to void all collaboration.
- All advertising for this event must be reviewed and approved by OUAB before distribution (i.e. flyers).
- All advertising must include the following:
- OUAB Logo
- Logos of any other collaborating organizations
- The University disability clause
- An OUAB Event Evaluation form must be completed and returned after the event by your organization.
- NO alcohol, tobacco, E-cigarettes or illegal substances shall be permitted at any event in collaboration with OUAB. If any of these substances are present at the event, or if any member of the collaborating group arrives in an intoxicated state at the event, the collaborator may forfeit any funding from OUAB.
- OUAB cannot sponsor any event that is also sponsored by any group or organization dealing with alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances.
- Please note: Priority will be given to those organizations we have not collaborated with within the last three years.
OUAB reserves the right to void all collaboration if not included in major decisions of the program.
If you are a student organization strictly seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting CSA Programming Funds through the Ohio Union.