Interested in joining the Ohio Union Activities Board?
OUAB is an incredible opportunity to not only have influence in planning amazing events for Ohio State, but also to also develop both personally and professionally. OUAB members are the brains behind the operation and do everything for the organization including brainstorming ideas, contacting agents, booking artists and entertainers, communicating with University officials, securing venues, and making the events come to life.
Join our mailing list to keep in touch about the OUAB application process, updates, and more!
The OUAB application will open on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
All applications will be due on Monday, September 6, 2021.
How to Apply
It is important for our members to be involved from the beginning of the year, so new members can only join OUAB in the fall semester. Once applications are reviewed, we will conduct interviews and make selections from there. The selections process will be complete by the middle of September.
Leading up to the deadline, we'll be hosting both virtual and in-person OUAB General Membership Information Sessions to give students a chance to learn more about the organization and what it's like to be a member. Information sessions will take place the following dates, times, and locations:
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 5 pm. Register at go.osu.edu/OUABInfo1.
- Monday, August 30, 2021 at 5 pm in the Ohio Union: Rosa M. Ailabouni Room (3rd floor).
- Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 5 pm in the Ohio Union: Great Hall Meeting Room (1st floor).
- Friday, September 3, 2021 at 5 pm. Register at go.osu.edu/OUABInfo2.
Please note: Attending an information session is not required in order to apply.
You can check us out at the following events:
- Student Involvement Fair: Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 4 pm
Students will receive an email confirmation after completing the application. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact our Vice President, Kennedy Wilson, at email@example.com.
Once you complete the application, the interview process, and accept the membership offer, you are considered a new member in an introductory session. As a new member, you are responsible for completing the following of tasks during the fall semester:
- Attend a new member retreat: Sunday, September 19, 2021.
- OUAB full organizational retreat: October 2-3, 2021
- Fill out a Committee Preference Form
After completing these requirements, you are placed on a committee as a full-fledged, voting general member. This second level of membership is continuous during your entire tenure at Ohio State. As a general member within OUAB, you are responsible for completing the following tasks per semester:
- Volunteer for at least one event programmed by your committee
- Volunteer for at least one event programmed by another committee
- Volunteer for at least one Flicks for Free or Grad/Prof event
- Volunteer for at least one Spirits & Traditions event during the fall semester
- Complete one marketing tasks
- Complete one engagement task
- Do not miss more than three membership meetings a semester (A meeting constitutes both the general member meeting AND your committee breakout. Tardiness (by more than 5 minutes) to the general member meeting may result in a counted absence.)
Failure to meet the required seven points will result in potential removal from the organization.
If you have questions about joining OUAB or the membership process, please contact our Vice President, Kennedy Wilson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.