Interested in joining the Ohio Union Activities Board?
OUAB is an opportunity to not only have influence in planning amazing events for Ohio State, but to also develop both personally and professionally. OUAB members do everything for the organization including brainstorming ideas, contacting agents, booking artists and entertainers, communicating with University officials, securing venues, and making the events actually happen.
The OUAB application will open on Thursday, August 1, 2019.
All applications will be due on Saturday, August 31, 2019.
How to Apply
It is important for our members to be involved from the beginning of the year, so new members can only join OUAB in the fall semester. Once applications are reviewed, we will conduct interviews and make selections from there. The selections process will be complete by the beginning of October.
Leading up to the deadline, we'll be hosting OUAB General Membership Information Sessions to give students a chance to learn more about the organization and what it's like to be a member. Information sessions will take place the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 6 pm - Suzanne, Sharer Room, Third Floor, Ohio Union
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 5 pm - Meeting Room 3, Recreational and Physical Activity Center (RPAC)
- Monday, August 26, 2019 at 12 pm - Suzanne, Sharer Room, Third Floor, Ohio Union
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 6 pm - Curl Viewpoint, Curl Hall (North Campus)
Please note: Attending an information session is not required in order to apply.
You can check us out at the following events:
- Student Involvement Fair: Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 4 pm - Main Oval
- Buck-i-Frenzy: Monday, August 19, 2019 at 12 pm - Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC) Plaza
Students will receive an email confirmation after completing the application. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact our Vice President, Christina Hubeli, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you complete the application, the interview process, and accept the membership offer, you are considered a new member in an introductory session. As a new member, you are responsible for completing the following of tasks during the fall semester:
- Attend a new member retreat: Sunday, September 15, 2019.
- OUAB full organizational retreat: Saturday, September 28 - Sunday, September 29, 2019. Overnight retreat - off campus.
- Fill out a Committee Preference Form
After completing these requirements, you are placed on a committee as a full-fledged, voting general member. This second level of membership is continuous during your entire tenure at Ohio State. As a general member within OUAB, you are responsible for completing the following tasks per semester:
- Volunteer for at least one event programmed by your committee
- Volunteer for at least one event programmed by another committee
- Volunteer for at least one Flicks for Free or Grad/Prof event
- Complete two marketing tasks
- Attend 8 out of 11 membership meetings (A meeting constitutes both the general member meeting AND your committee breakout. Tardiness (by more than 5 minutes) to the general member meeting may result in a counted absense.)
- Participate in at least one organizational social activity, task force meeting, or workshop
Failure to meet the required six points will result in potential removal from the organization.
If you have questions about joining OUAB or the membership process, please contact our Vice President, Christina Hubeli, at email@example.com.