Personal Enrichment Programs Description
- Our Personal Enrichment programs include a set of activities in which students improve awareness of themselves and their identity. It is the goal of these activities to help students develop talents and potential, enhance their quality of life, and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
Personal Enrichment Programs Learning Outcomes
- Students who participate in the personal enrichment programs offered by OUAB Grad/Prof will be able to:
- Identify office, departments, programs, and other resources that contribute to their quality of life and other interpersonal understanding;
- Explain how the programs and services offered by OUAB Grad/Prof are able to aid in their personal success;
- Translate how the information covered in workshops and programs can enhance their quality of life and potential.
Individual Program Description
Creative Exploration: Candle Lab
- Experience Columbus with OUAB at Candle Lab! If you have always wanted to make your own scented candle this is your opportunity to create a work of art yourself. Candle Lab is hosting OUAB and trained instructors will offer one on one attention to student participants.
Creative Exploration: Clay Space
- Experience Columbus with OUAB at Clay Space! If you have ever been intrigued by the art of creating pottery this is your opportunity to create a work of art yourself. Clay Space is hosting OUAB and trained instructors will offer one on one attention to student participants. Participants will have the opportunity to create pottery on and off of the potter's wheel.
Creative Exploration: Glass Axis
- Experience Columbus with OUAB at Glass Axis! If you have ever been intrigued by the art of glass blowing, now is your opportunity to create a work of art yourself. Glass Axis is hosting OUAB and glass artists will instruct students how to make a blown glass ornament.
Cupcakes and Canvases with Cody
- Looking for a fun night out? We've got the answer for you! Cupcakes and Canvases with Cody is the place for you to be. Cody Heichel, our talented artist will be with you every step of the way as you eat your cupcakes and paint your way to a finished work of art. You'll be amazed before the night is over! You just might discover your inner artist!
OUABe Fit: Full Body Challenge
- Everyone can benefit from stronger muscles. Full Body Challenge is a wonderful class to begin or continue your journey with resistance training. While the focus is not on cardiovascular work, you can expect a moderate cardio workout while training a variety of larger muscles groups to gain muscular strength and endurance. Core work is incorporated throughout, along with a flexibility portion at the end. Class offered every Wednesday from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
OUABe Fit: Yoga
- This class moves through a variety of yoga poses in a balanced and systematic way. A key component of this class is Vinyasa work: the union of the breath and movement. Benefits of this type of training include heightened body awareness and mind focus, tension release, increased range of motion at the joints and an overall sensation of more balance in life. The session ends with restorative work, which energizes the body through passive stretch techniques. Sticky mats are provided, but feel free to bring your own. Class offered every Monday from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
OUABe Fit: Zumba
- This class is a high energy, heart pumping, dance-inspired workout that fuses traditional Latin rhythms such as Salsa and Merengue with hip hop. Each class features simple and fun routines that help tone your body and get your heart rate up! Dance experience is not required; our instructors will work with participants to ensure the best results. You will have so much fun that you'll forget you're working out! Class offered every Tuesday from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
- OUABe Fit: Circuit Cycle
- Are you looking to add variety to your normal cycling class? Circuit Cycle does just that and adds an extra challenge to your workouts. Cycling intervals are broken up by power and strength intervals off the bike, which train the heart to adjust accordingly.
- Every other Wednesday in the semester join OUAB Grad/Prof for our Wellness Wednesday series. Each program features a wellness topic to create and promote awareness and provide education on healthy living. Topics covered in these sessions align with the nine dimensions of wellness, which have been outlined by the Student Life Student Wellness Center.
Check out our calendar for the most up-to-date offerings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for future events.