Date: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Good Evening Fellow Club Members!
Our next Sociology & Criminology Club meeting is scheduled to take place virtually (see below for zoom link) from 5:30-6:45p this Thursday, February 10th, where we will be hosting our next invited speaker, Dr. Lauren Valentino.
Dr. Valentino is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology here at Ohio State. Lauren earned her PhD in Sociology from Duke University in 2019, focusing primarily on the concepts of culture and inequality. She will be joining us to share her experience as a researcher and to discuss her ongoing research study within the department: Perceptions of American Life.
In addition, Dr. Valentino will be giving us a guided tour of what it means to be a social scientist, offering advice for those interested in pursuing research in this field, as well as how to nail down research interests. Here are some of the topics we plan to cover, followed by a general Q&A:
- Areas of interest/research
- Why those areas, what are some interesting findings?
- Advice for those interested in dipping a toe into the social sciences, how to engage for success in research
- Discuss ongoing projects
- How does collaborative research work?
- Tips for building a research corpus; nailing down research interests
- Helpful additional resources
- Bonus: what makes social science research important/special?
Read more about Dr. Valentino here
We look forward to seeing you there this Thursday!
Please feel free to reach out to myself or any members of the SCC Executive Board with additional questions.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ZOOM ROOM FOR THIS EVENT
Meeting ID: 976 1783 7760