Date: Friday, August 6, 2021, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL) is a non-emergency talk line that provides a space for students to engage in brief phone conversations in order to gain support and learn about campus resources. Student volunteers are available to provide peer-to-peer assistance that promotes and enhances student development and wellbeing.
Common conversation topics with Buckeye PAL include:
- Adjusting to college and university life
- Balancing stress management
- Managing platonic, romantic and family relationships
- Feeling pressure to succeed
- Exploring personal and social identities
- Navigating civil and social unrest
Buckeye PAL will operate through finals week but not during university breaks or when university offices are closed.