Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, noon - 4 p.m.
The OPA, in collaboration with Nationwide Children’s Hospital, is excited to announce a workshop with Management Consulted, a company dedicated to be a resource on all things consulting, including resumes, interviews, case studies, and finding management consulting jobs. This workshop is appropriate and useful for grad/prof students from all disciplines as consulting firms recruit broadly from all academic backgrounds.
About the Speaker:
Stephanie Knight, CLO – After obtaining an undergrad degree in Mechanical Engineering from Northwestern and working in community development and education in northern Afghanistan, Stephanie received an MBA at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. Post-MBA, she enjoyed her tenure at McKinsey – where she operated as an Associate Principal and lived on 4 continents in the process. She left the Firm to join Management Consulted as Chief Learning Officer and continues to work with various organizations on strategic planning, operations strategy, and team development. Stephanie is a Lead Instructor at Management Consulted, the world’s premier case prep site with over 1M readers, an active podcast (Strategy Simplified), a popular YouTube channel, and over 70 partner schools. Stephanie conducts over 200 training sessions a year; she enjoys her work immensely and brings herself fully to engage each program’s participants in
unique, fresh ways.
- 12:00pm Workshop begins, Speaker introduction, Market Sizing exercise
- 12:20pm – 1:20pm Consulting Industry Overview (types of consulting, types of firms, the consulting lifestyle, firms for Advanced Degree Candidates)
- 1:20pm – 1:30pm Q&A
- 1:30am – 2:30pm Networking Tactics (5 rules, writing cold networking email, preparing informational interview questions)
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm Translating Academic CVs to Business Resumes
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Behavioral Interview 101
- 4:00pm Final Q&A
Learn more about the Management Consulted workshops here.