Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, noon
Location: Various Zoom Links
Leadership Week is a university-wide collaboration to strengthen the culture of student leadership at Ohio State. Whether you have lots of leadership experience or are new to the concept, we encourage you to attend at least one event this week to strengthen your leadership abilities in one or several of the leadership themes explored throughout the week.
Programs, lunch-and-learns, workshops, and resources will be offered to:
- Make leadership more inclusive and accessible to all Ohio State students.
- Challenge stereotypes and myths about leadership.
- Inform students about the various leadership education resources that already exist at Ohio State and in Columbus.
- Help students apply leadership tenets to their personal lives, majors, and career.
Sessions will be connected to at least 1 of our 5 themes for Leadership Week
- Personal Exploration - Strong leadership begins with self-awareness and self-reflection. Programs focused on Personal Exploration are designed to do just that - bolster your own understanding of your strengths, your areas for growth, and the unique way you can contribute as a leader.
- Community Engagement - We believe that leadership is a process that can be learned, with the ultimate goal of bettering our communities. Programs focused on Community Engagement explore the various ways in which you, as a student, can be engage in your community in positive and meaningful ways.
- Wellness - Effective leadership and wellness go hand in hand - but sometimes leaders need a reminder about the valuable relationship between the two. Programs focused on Wellness will help you learn more about our 9 Dimensions of Wellness and how to integrate wellness into your leadership style.
- Inclusion - Leadership is practiced with groups of diverse people with distinct experiences and worldviews. As such, it is critical for leaders to integrate inclusive practices into their leadership style. Programs focused on Inclusion will help you learn more about diverse identities, power and privilege, and how to be a more inclusive leader.
- Career Development - Developing your leadership also means that you are developing skills that will serve you in your future career path. Programs focused on Career Development will help you understand the relationships between you professional trajectory and the development of your leadership skills.