Time: Monday, April 2, 2018 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Ohio Union Grand Ballroom
Event begins at 7:00pm. Doors open at 6:00pm. Ticket and valid BuckID required for entry.
Free tickets available starting Monday, March 5th at 5 p.m. at the Info Desk. 2/BuckID.
- Misty Copeland is the first African American principal ballerina for the American Ballet Theatre, one of the most prestigious ballet companies in the world.
- Misty didn't begin ballet until age 13 (which is considered very old in the dance world). Despite this, she became a prodigy by age 15, and was fielding offers from ballet companies around the nation
- Misty began dancing at her local Boys and Girls Club. When her mother told her she'd have to give up ballet for financial and family reasons, Misty moved in with her dance teachers to continue her training. She later emancipated from her mother to pursue her career.
- In 2015, Misty was named one of Time's 100 Most Influential people in the World
- Misty has a documentary (A Ballerina's Tale), two books (Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina and Ballerina Body), a children's book (Firebird), and a barbie!
The books Life In Motion and Ballerina Body will be for sale at the event. Book signing immediately following.
Event Open to students, faculty/staff, and regional campuses.
Ticketing Information: Tickets Required
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar