OUAB plans events.
Really cool events.
Hundreds of events.
For thousands of people.
All for free.
And we would like to plan an event with you.
Over the past few years, we've planned some awesome collaborative events including (but not limited to):
Applications to apply to collaborate with OUAB for Spring 2019 opens on Sunday, January 27, 2019 at Midnight. and will close on Sunday, February 24 at 11:59 PM.
The Collaborative Events application is composed of nine questions that seek to gain a lot of information in helping OUAB decide which organizations to collaborate with. Below you will find some information to help you plan for the application.
- Information Questions: These questions are basic info questions about your organization: leaders, social media accounts, previous events you all have hosted.
- Brief Description: Think of this as the elevator pitch for your event. Provide us with the heart of what you are hoping to see day of event come to life.
- Event Funding: Please know that it is not the goal, mission, or purpose of the Ohio Union Activities Board just to serve as a check-book to make your event happen. If you have funds for your event: departmental, organizational, CSA allocation please be sure to include any funding that you can bring to help make the event a reality. Please note that OUAB is unable to execute events that have a sole person of serving as a fundraiser. If you are a student organization strictly seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting CSA Programming Funds Funding.
- Impact of Program: This is important information to consider, this is the so what aspect of the event planning process. What are the things you want students to leave the event thinking about, talking about, or inspired to do.
- Audience: Who is your target audience for the event and how many people would you estimate to attend the event?
- Timing: Provide us with context if there is a specific date, event, or celebration that you think are beneficial for us to know in planning.
- Responsibility: What do you imagine the collaboration between OUAB and your organization(s) being in terms of planning and day of execution.
- Research: What research have you dont to plan for the event - has the event happened at other schools?
- Additional Information: This is your opportunity to share any additional information that we have not asked you for.
- Informative Questions: Maximum of 1 point: Applications will receie 1 point for answering all fields.
- Brief Description: Maximum of 4 points. Applications will be scored higher for clearly describing their ideas, formats, and details are clearly defined.
- Funding: Maximum of 2 points: Applications will be scored higher for answering the question in a thought out manner, sharing ideas for funding or additional funding opportunities.
- Impact: Maximum of 3 points: Application answer is well thought out and considered multiple population on campus that could be influence by the event.
- Audience: Maximum of 3 points: Application answer is well thought out and considered multiple population on campus that could be influence by the event.
- Timing: Maximum of 1 point: Application answer provided context on ideal date.
- Responsibility: Maximum of 4 points: Application answer is well thought out and lends itself to a successful and equal partnership between OUAb and the collaborating organizations.
- Research: Maximum of 2 points: Applications will be scored higher that have provide some foundation for the event to begin to be planned and initiative to make this a reality has been presented.
For more details, please completely read through the Collaborative Events Timeline and Guidelines in the box below prior to submitting your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here to learn more information regarding the application process.
Contact the 2018-2019 Collaborative Events Chair, Rebecca Slavik, email@example.com or OUAB Advisor, Quanta Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org.