Interested in joining the Ohio Union Activities Board?
OUAB is an opportunity to not only have a hand in planning some amazing events for Ohio State but to also develop both personally and professionally. OUAB members do everything for the organization including brainstorming ideas, calling agents, booking artists and entertainers, communicating with university officials, securing venues, and making the events actually happen.
The OUAB application will open on Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
All applications will be due on Friday, August 31, 2018.
How to Apply
It is important for our members to be involved from the beginning of the year, and so new members can join OUAB only in the fall semester. Once applications are reviewed, we will conduct interviews and make selections from there. The selections process will be complete by the beginning of October.
Leading up to the deadline, we'll be hosting OUAB General Membership Information Sessions to give students a chance to learn more about the organization and what it's like to be a member. Information sessions will take place the following dates and times:
- Monday, August 20, 2018 at 5 pm - Ohio Union, Barbie Tootle Room
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 1 pm - Ohio Union, Barbie Tootle Room
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 4 pm - Ohio Union, U.S. Bank Conference Theater
- Friday, August 31, 2018 at 12 pm - Ohio Union, Barbie Tootle Room
Please note attending an information session is not required in order to apply.
The New Member Process
After the application, interview process and upon acceptance in OUAB in fall semester, you are considered a new member in an introductory session. As a new member, there are a couple requirements for that semester:
- Attend OUAB training. Exact dates to be determined.
- Attend a new member retreat. Exact dates to be determined.
- Fill out a Committee Preference Form
When you complete these requirements fall semester, you are placed on a committee as a full-fledged, voting general member. This second level of membership is continuous during your entire tenure at Ohio State. In terms of membership requirements, each semester OUAB general members are required to do the following:
- Volunteer at one event programmed by the committee in which you serve;
- Volunteer at two events programmed by another committee;
- Complete two marketing tasks;
- Attend 8 out of 11 membership meetings;
- Participate in at least one organizational social activity.
If you have questions about joining OUAB or the membership process, please contact Joelle Falugi at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUAB Grad/Prof Committee
There is also a separate committee of the Ohio Union Activities Board dedicated to programming designed for the graduate and professional students at Ohio State. The OUAB Grad/Prof Committee coordinates more than 50 events throughout the year focused on personal/professional development, social engagement, and family-friendly activities. If you are interested in joining the OUAB Grad/Prof Committee, please contact Corey Wallace, Director of Graduate and Professional Student Programs at email@example.com.
OUAB Membership Application
Students will receive an email confirmation after completing the application. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact Joelle Falugi at firstname.lastname@example.org