Time: Monday, March 27, 2017 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Instructional Kitchen, Ohio Union
Admission: - RSVP Required
Join OUAB in the Instructional Kitchen at the Ohio Union for a chance to cook a meal of your own under the guidance of the Union's own professional chef, Chef Wolf. Following a cooking demonstration by the chef, students will collaborate with class members to create the menu providing a unique hands-on learning opportunity. In this fun and interactive environment students will enjoy a delicious meal and gain useful culinary skills to show off in their own kitchens. Whether you're are a master chef in your own kitchen or a novice, there is an OUAB in the Kitchen program for you.
Please note that due to safety, children are not permitted to attend this cooking class.
Due to the overwhelming demand for the cooking classes, we are limiting attendance to two classes per person total (whether you are the primary registrant or guest). Students are still welcome to RSVP for one non-student, but please include their name in the guest field on the form. Register soon as space is limited. If classes are not full within 3 days of the event date, we will open up the wait list of those who have confirmed spaces in two cooking classes.
Click Here To Register!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register to attend a cooking class? Students interested in participating should complete the survey above. In the survey, students are able to preference their top five (5) classes and will be assigned to at least two of the five courses pending availability. Students are not guaranteed a position in any class regardless of stated preferences.
- What do I wear? All participants must wear close-toed shoes. The classes are extremely interactive and hands-on so dress to cook!
- Do I need to bring anything? Aprons and all needed equipment will be provided. Copies of the recipes used during the class will also be provided.
- Are children allowed in the cooking classes? Due to safety, children under the age of 15 are not permitted to attend OUAB in the Kitchen cooking classes unless explicitly stated in the class description
- Is there a limit to the number of classes that I can take? Due to the demand for instructional kitchen courses, OUAB Grad/Prof has doubled the number of classes offered each semester. In an effort to accommodate as many students as possible, students are limited to two (2) courses per semester.
- When will I find out if I'm in a cooking class? Rosters for the cooking class will be release a minimum of two weeks before the class. You will be required to confirm your attendance in the course. If you are awarded a spot in the course but do not confirm your intent to attend via email, your spot may be forfeited due to high demand for the courses.
- I received an email that I'm in the class. Is that it? Please make sure that you respond to that email to confirm your intent to attend the course. Failure to confirm your attendance may result in the forfeiture of your spot.
Student Activities - OUAB Grad/Prof
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar